Family vacations can be important for family bonding and are a nice change of pace from the routine. But let’s face it: They can be expensive. That’s why we have compiled some of our favorite tips for saving money on family road trips.
- Meal prep ahead of time: Meals can be one of the most expensive parts of traveling, especially if you have a lot of mouths to feed. Skip the expensive restaurants and gas station snacks by packing meals for the whole family. You can pack sandwiches, fruits, veggies, and waters in a cooler, and bring along healthy snacks like protein bars, cereal, and trail mix to keep everyone from getting hungry.
- Skip the hotels: Instead of expensive hotels and potentially multiple rooms for larger families, try camping at a state park along your route. If camping is not your family’s idea of a good time, look for cheaper deals on Airbnb or consider staying with family or friends you know in other states.
- Stick to the speed limit: Speeding is not just unsafe; it also kills your fuel economy. For fewer trips to the fuel pump—and to avoid expensive speeding tickets—stick to the posted speed limits during your trip.
If you want to accessorize your Toyota to be even more useful for your upcoming road trip, stop into Capital Toyota to peruse our selection. Safe travels!
If you are thinking of purchasing a new Toyota at Capital Toyota, you might have come across the term Toyota Safety Sense™ (TSS) in your research. But what is this new feature?
Toyota Safety Sense includes a broad range of active safety features that are bundled together in one package on a wide variety of Toyota vehicles, ranging from the Corolla to the Prius to the Tundra.
What features are included in Toyota Safety Sense?
- Pre-Collision System, which alerts you to a potential frontal collision—and brakes for you if necessary.
- Lane Departure Alert, which alerts you if you have veered from your lane unintentionally.
- Automatic High Beams, which helps you with nighttime driving by detecting oncoming vehicles (or vehicles that you are approaching) and toggles between high beams and low beams as necessary.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, which is an advanced form of cruise control that can adjust speed for you to maintain a safe distance from the vehicle ahead of you.
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, which, like the Pre-Collision System, protects against frontal collisions, but also monitors for pedestrians.
Interested in learning more about TSS? Test drive one of the many Toyota vehicles equipped with the suite of technologies at Capital Toyota to experience them firsthand.