We’ve all heard of winter emergency kits for our cars, but did you know that you should also pack a summer car emergency kit, especially here in the blistering heat of Chattanooga? Here are six essentials for your kit this summer:
- Water: In the scorching summer heat, there is nothing more important than staying hydrated, especially if your car breaks down and leaves you stranded. Keep a pack of bottled water in your trunk.
- Sun screen: If you are out on the road fixing your vehicle or waiting for a tow, be sure to protect your skin by applying sun screen.
- Blanket: It may be hot, but blankets will come in handy for providing shade from the sun if you are left stranded.
- Phone charger: Make sure you can call for help by keeping a phone charger in your car at all times.
- Visibility gear: Longer summer days mean we are more likely to stay out past dark. Pack a flashlight, flares, and hazard triangles, just in case you become stranded at night.
- Toolkit: Keep the essential tools for car repairs stored in your car. However, if you have zero car know-how, we recommend calling for roadside assistance instead.
These are just six of the many necessary items you can include in your summer car emergency kit. If you need a new ride to store it in, stop by Capital Toyota and see what we have on the lot.