If you are thinking of purchasing a new Toyota at Capital Toyota, you might have come across the term Toyota Safety Sense™ (TSS) in your research. But what is this new feature?
Toyota Safety Sense includes a broad range of active safety features that are bundled together in one package on a wide variety of Toyota vehicles, ranging from the Corolla to the Prius to the Tundra.
What features are included in Toyota Safety Sense?
- Pre-Collision System, which alerts you to a potential frontal collision—and brakes for you if necessary.
- Lane Departure Alert, which alerts you if you have veered from your lane unintentionally.
- Automatic High Beams, which helps you with nighttime driving by detecting oncoming vehicles (or vehicles that you are approaching) and toggles between high beams and low beams as necessary.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, which is an advanced form of cruise control that can adjust speed for you to maintain a safe distance from the vehicle ahead of you.
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, which, like the Pre-Collision System, protects against frontal collisions, but also monitors for pedestrians.
Interested in learning more about TSS? Test drive one of the many Toyota vehicles equipped with the suite of technologies at Capital Toyota to experience them firsthand.